Poem :Where would I be ?

 The title of my poem is called ‘’Where Would I Be’’. It  is about the struggles of being an African American. My inspiration  for this poem is the poem "Hey, Black Child" by Maya Angelou. The  theme of my poem is My black is beauty. I am  now going to recite my poem. 



Where Would I Be? 

Where would I be if the man didn’t snatch my people? 

If my people weren’t Forced to Travel thousands of miles away from home. 

To be placed in slavery and have their freedom stripped away. 

Where would I be? 

If my people were accepted for who they were and not treated like dirt. 

And people ask us why we can’t get over it. 

Why you might ask? 

Well, we are still fighting for a seat at the table. 

My people fought and marched across the world and still get no respect. 

What did we do? What did we do to deserve this harsh treatment? 

Nothing but be beautiful melanated kings and queens. 

When I say my black is beautiful that’s what I mean. 

I have Brown skin not because I am dirty and worthless. 

But because I was blessed with having melanin skin. 

So again, I ask” Where would I be”? 



Comments

  1. I really enjoyed doing this poem .I hope we get a chance to do this again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Mock??